- Every effort is made to create outstanding photographs which require as little retouching as possible.
- Understanding what can be easily addressed with retouching is often the key to a smooth & productive photo session.
~ Creating outstanding raw 2D images of 3D subjects with a clear and refined message can be complicated.
- There are a multitude of technological and perceptual variables to be considered in the creative stage of the process.
- State-of-the-art imaging system are unable to mimic the adaptive nature of human vision.
- Intervention by a skilled retoucher is frequently necessary to create realistic-looking images.
- Professional retouching involves removing elements, which are distracting and those that create false or negative impressions.
- Artwork may be required to achieve the desired photographic message or effect.
- Artwork to sculpt the face, neckline and body may be desirable for a more youthful look.
Achieving the Look
- A combination of retouching & art work is most often used to create the celebrity/model look we see in magazines.
- Artwork is used to address: clothing fit, skin tones, tan lines, teeth whitening and body slimming.
- This part of the creative process is key to creating portraits, which project desirable messages.
- We will identify those concerns, which should be dealt with during the photo session & those which are best left to the artist or retoucher.
- With this understanding, we are able to provide a more productive and relaxing photo session, minimizing unnecessary interruptions.
- All finished portraits at Star-Light Studios are professionally retouched with a high level of attention to details.
. . .
- With our unique lighting system, glass glare is minimized. The small reflections, which remain are often only a minor portrait retouching concern.
- Lenses without anti-reflective or anti-fog coatings and those with stronger prescriptions, can create significant distortion of the eyes and surrounding area, along with uncontrollable glass glare.
- With our preview system, we can immediately identify these situations and explore portrait lighting options.
- There is always the option to preempt this situation, by obtaining a matching set of frames or have the lenses removed from the glasses.
- Clean glasses, treated with a non-glare and / or anti-fog coatings minimize reflections in the lenses.
- Transition or variable tint lenses, which automatically darken as light levels increase, are to be avoided.
- Avoid eye dryness & irritation, bring your contact lens eye drops to lubricate your eyes and rewet your lenses.
- Bring your lens case for a safe place to store them should you choose to remove them.
- When you feel "those braces just don't enhance your look" they can be digitally removed and your teeth can be whitened.
- The time involved to provide this level of artwork varies. Please ask for a quote.
. . .
Tattoos & Piercings
- Please let us know when a visible tattoo, or a piercing is something you would like to show in your retouched portraits.
- This is a personal decision, these are often easy to conceal when retouching your portraits.
- Please let us know if you want them toned down or concealed when you place your order.
Moles & Beauty Marks
~ These are personal attributes, please let us know if you wish to have these retouched.
- These attributes may be toned down or concealed in the retouching process.
Facial Hair - Guys
- For a clean shaven look . . . a fresh shave is essential.
- Facial hair including: mustaches, goatees or beards, should be neatly trimmed.
- In smaller photographic prints & on low resolution web display there are situations where tattoos, scars, beauty marks and moles should be concealed as they will not be recognizable.
- Headshots which are framed tight ( Profile Photos ) may need symmetry enhancements to match our visual perception.
- Perceptual distortion often occurs in low resolution web display photographs. These images are often reduced to less than 1% of the camera resolution.
. . .
Photo Tips & Info
Publicity Video ...
Session Info ...
Studio Info ...
Creative, Innovative and Dynamic Photography.
Portraits to Reflect Your Style and Personality.
. . . . .
8375 Old Columbia Road, Laurel, MD. 20723
E-mail . . . info@StarLight123.com
. . . . .
Cosmetic Concerns - Glass Glare - Retouching Logic - Every effort is made to create
outstanding photographs which require minimal retouching as possible.
. ~ * * * ~ .