Business / Publicity Photography . . .
- Outfit ideas & make-up tips to look best in professional publicity portraits.
- Publicity photographs are one of the most important elements of your business branding / media package.
Color tips . . .
- Cool or neutral tones create a more professional look.
- Lighter tones convey a friendlier appearance.
- Avoid bold, high color contrast, horizontal stripes and horizontal patterns.
Hair, Your style . . .
- Avoid new hair styles, new hair cuts and hair styles which obscure your eyes.
- Guys, a close shave or freshly trimmed facial hair.
- Use a high protein conditioner and a light cream styler to smooth and control frizzy hair.
- We often use an " anti frizz polishing milk " in the studio.
Makeup Tips . . .
- Makeup; soft, natural, light.
- Our lighting & imaging systems are designed to eliminate poor color often associated with photography.
Hydration . . .
- Hydration a very important element for a professional look in your publicity portraits.
- Water & Minerals (Sea Salt); a great way to achieve proper hydration.
Attire Tips . . .
- Well tailored look with a flattering neck line.
- Fit through the shoulder and torso is most important.
- Solid colors and well tailored attire are most forgiving.
- Simple, sharp, elegant: accessorize sparingly & tastefully.
- A tailored vest or jacket is classic, conservative & slimming.
Attire, Neck Lines . . .
- Wider neck-lines create the perception of a longer neck.
- Deeper and wider V-neck outfits create the perception of a slimmer body.
- Avoid bulky scarves, cowl neck sweaters or high neck-lines.
- High collars create the perception of a shorter neck or even the dreaded " no neck " look.
Attire, Visual Message . . .
- Dress the part to create an appropriate visual message.
- Attire is an element of your business branding.
- A marketing investment; put some thought into your selections.
Options . . .
- Love an outfit which seems to defy these principles; bring it as an alternative.
- Low contrast horizontal stripes and heavy fabrics can work for those with small upper bodies.
- We can test quickly; today's imaging technologies provide instant results.
- Questions . . . ? - Call Us . . . 301.498.2524 -
Eye Glasses . . .
- Glasses present a significant challenges in videography.
- Avoid photo-chromatic lenses; lenses which adjust to light intensity.
- Bifocals and high magnification lenses introduce significant distortions.
. . .
By Appointment . . .
- Serving the needs of professionals, small business, non-profits & major corporations.
Call Today . . .
- Schedule your personal or professional photo session.
Photo Tips & Info
Publicity Video ...
Session Info ...
Studio Info ...
Creative, Innovative and Dynamic Photography.
Portraits to Reflect Your Style and Personality.
. . . . .
8375 Old Columbia Road, Laurel, MD. 20723
E-mail . . . info@StarLight123.com
. . . . .
Publicity Portraits, one of the most important elements of professional/business branding,
a marketing investment. Professional Photography Services Since 1989.
. ~ * * * ~ .