Attire Tips . . .
- Well tailored look with a flattering neck line.
- Fit through the shoulder and torso is most important.
- Solid colors & well tailored attire are most forgiving.
- Simple, sharp, elegant: accessorize appropriately & tastefully.
- A tailored vest or jacket is classic, conservative & slimming.
- Remove tight clothing and watches two hours prior to your photo session to avoid marks on skin.
- Soft, stretchy fabrics emphasize your shape.
Attire, Neck Lines . . .
- Wider neck-lines create the perception of a longer neck.
- Deeper and wider V-neck outfits create the perception of a slimmer body.
- Avoid bulky scarves, cowl neck sweaters, or high neck-lines.
- High collars create the perception of a shorter neck or even the dreaded "no neck" look.
Attire Visual Message . . .
- Dress the part, create an appropriate visual message.
- Attire is an element of your branding.
- A marketing investment; put some thought into your attire.
Options . . .
- Love an outfit which seems to defy these principles; bring it as an alternative.
- Low contrast horizontal stripes and heavy fabrics can work for those with small upper bodies.
- We can test quickly; today's imaging technologies provide instant results.
Professional Tips . . .
- Outfit ideas & make-up tips to look best in professional publicity portraits.
- Publicity photographs are one of the most important elements of your business branding / media package.
Color tips . . .
- Cool or neutral tones create a conservative look.
- Lighter tones convey a friendlier appearance.
- Bold, high color, high contrast attire & accessories for a sharp, edgy look.
Hair, Your style . . .
- Avoid new hair styles, new cuts and styles which obscure your eyes.
- Guys, a close shave or freshly trimmed facial hair.
- Use a high protein conditioner and a light cream styler to smooth and control frizzy hair.
- We often use an " anti frizz polishing milk " in the studio.
Makeup Tips . . .
- Makeup; soft, natural, light or vivid to compliment a look.
- Our lighting & imaging systems are designed to eliminate poor color & deep shadows around the eyes.
Hydration . . .
- Hydration a very important element for a professional look in your publicity portraits.
- Water & Minerals (Sea Salt), a great way to achieve proper hydration.
- Apply lotions to skin prior to arriving for vibrant/natural look.
Looking Forward . . .
- Create lasting impressions, opportunities with potential talent agents & clientele.
- Raise your brand awareness, gain the leading position in your field.
- A professional image is one of the keys to your success in today's competitive business world.
- Questions . . . ? - Call Us . . . 301.498.2524 -
Personalized Approach . . .
- We're always open to our customers' personalized requests and we'd love to hear yours.
- We enjoy working with new concepts; always willing to experiment or try something new.
- Sharing a professional viewpoint derived from 20+ years of experience.
- The most effective images are often the result of a collaborative effort, creating a focused visual impression.
Photo Tips & Info
Session Info ...
Studio Info ...
Photo Galleries ...
Creative, Innovative and Dynamic Photography.
Portraits to Reflect Your Style and Personality.
. . . . .
8375 Old Columbia Road, Laurel, MD. 20723
E-mail . . . info@StarLight123.com
. . . . .
Opportunities to create & optimize your first impressions. Create images to
project a style/talent. Make-up tips & outfit ideas for your Publicity Portraits.
. ~ * * * ~ .